Well, I'm back!!
Real life took priority for a bit there, but really have to knuckle under and get these ideas down onto paper. The other Project I am working on for Open Legend is called: "Codename: PokemonOL" Yup you guessed it, Pokemon for Open Legend.
"But, But, there's already a Pokemon RPG" I hear you say. I'm fully aware of it's existence but its not Open Legend now is it?? It's also, in my opinion, very close to the console games. What I am trying to achieve is a new take on an old favorite. Yes there are Pokemon, yes they battle it out, yes they have Moves like "Lightning Bolt, Vine Whip" etc. But what is going to make it different (Hopefully) is that you'll be able to use them more "Creatively" in situations. Say you have a Bulbasaur and you're facing off against a group of Zubats. Thanks to Multi-Target Attack mechanics in OL, Bulbasaur can attempt to dispatch his opponents with ease.
Now, mechanically the way its going to work is that you'll create your Trainer using the standard creation rules for OL, But you won't have access to Extraordinary Attributes initially, instead they'll be used by the Pokemon themselves. I'm developing a "Bestiary" so to speak of Pokemon that are a combination of Simple NPC creation rules and Companion Feat.
As you level up, your Pokemon level with you and you'll be able to Specialize in a type of Pokemon and thus you'll have access to Extraordinary Attributes relevant to said Pokemon Type.
Well, that's the theory anyway. My priority for now is the Beginner Box and I'll bounce back to PokemonOL every now and again to have a break. Though as a treat, here's a stat block of a Pokemon I created as a test. Say Hello to Ghastly
Ghastly Stat Block
No comments:
Post a Comment